I am doing mathematics at Łódź University in Poland for the summer. While I am here I will write a little on this site, but it exists primarily for me to share pictures.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wine Wednesday Numer Osiem

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Last night was our eighth Wine Wednesday. We did not have one the first week we were here, which means that there is only one more (nine in ten weeks). I did not post right afterward because I headed off to the Dublin Pub again for salsa dancing. I was struck by irony while there; now that I am 21, and staying in Europe, I go to bars and order apple juice. This may be a special case, I suppose, since I go there to dance with my Project Salsa friends and not to drink.

---




For dinner tonight I made something that I had not made before, although it was not really new and exciting. We had spaghetti with chicken. The first change is the chicken, which I had not done with pasta yet. The second change was that we used long noodles. In the past we have used shells, spirals, wiggles, and all sorts of other shapes based on availability.



We had a white Chilean wine. This week we chose the wine based on the bottle that looked good since we had nothing in mind when we went out to get it. The same was true last week, though I hope we come up with something exciting for our last Wine Wednesday next week. The wine was pretty good. It had an interesting taste to it in addition to the sweetness. Since the label said "Sweet Boa," we decided that the taste was probably a result of the wine being made of snakes.

Our frying pan is just about destroyed. It was low quality to begin with, and has seen almost two months of nightly use. It's to the point where I really don't want to use it anymore. Luckily, I only need to make about 4 more dinners in it. Sundays the groceries are closed so we eat out due to not having a fridge. Mondays and Thursdays I have salsa dancing during the dinner hour so the other guys fend for themselves. And next Friday Thomas and Nathan get on a train for Budapest to start their Hungarian language class. Philip and I will be here for another few days, we leave next Sunday, but I don't want to plan on the pan surviving for that long.

No comments: